POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : URGENT: FRAME structure : Re: URGENT: FRAME structure Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:28:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: URGENT: FRAME structure
From: Chris Huff
Date: 21 Aug 2000 12:08:22
Message: <chrishuff-0B977C.11094221082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39a1245e@news.povray.org>, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> Then, start from there and add the same features from scratch to be
> more restrictive and combine it with a simple and powerful
> programming language that can be fully integrated into the scene
> description much more dynamically.

Do you have a specific programming language in mind as the inspiration
for this?

> Details and features would have to be analysed very well in advance,
> but then it might offer fantastic abilities.  Just image to be able
> to create one object which can exist a million times just by a
> procedural definition.  To keep this simple and easy to comprehend
> and fast to render, a lot more would have to be done and researched,
> but I think something like this is possible.

This sounds like a very interesting proposal, but it would really have
to be done right. Maybe it should be a translator at first, which
produces a .pov scene file from the new language, that way, you could
experiment with changes to the new language with more freedom. This is
the approach I am going to attempt CSDL with...that is, if I ever get
going with Bison and Flex.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><